Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cool join technique

I heard about this joining technique on a podcast, I think it was DoubleKnit and think it's very cool but I'm not sure how functional it will be for some patterns. It's a technique to stop the uneven stripe problem when you are working in the round. The way it turns out, you have to move the join one stitch to the left every time you go around and so it will affect the spots where you would otherwise be decreasing or other things. I wanted to use it for a little knit baby jumper but don't think I'll be able to. Maybe for something else.
 
It's called Meg Swansen's jogless join or jogless jog.
http://jlyarnworks.blogspot.com/2009/02/tutorial-jogless-join_22.html


The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.

No comments: