Tuesday, August 11, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 70

#day70 of #100daysofmaking: I've been knitting most days lately but just neglecting to take pictures. I finished the first sock with my @desertvistadyeworks Little Shop of Zombody but it caused me a lot of grief along the way. After I put in the waste yarn for the afterthought heel and was into the leg, I realized I had knitted too much before the decrease and had to tink back many rows. Then several inches later, I saw I had been knitting very loosely and it looked all sloppy and so I ripped it back again. Then comparing the leg to the foot, my gauge was quite a bit tighter in the leg but I didn't want to rip yet again so I just left it be. Well after finishing the leg and putting the heel in, the whole sock is too long! 😓 if I pull it tight, there's 1/2" of slack at the heel. If I pull it down it seems mildly loose on my foot but wearable. Maybe it will shrink a little with washing. Now the question is, do I try to make the second sock match the first one or do I make it correctly?

No comments: