Saturday, September 26, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 80

#day80 of #100daysofmaking: I resisted the last several Little Skein kits despite how cute they were but I couldn't resist this one. Though I've never actually managed to make it all the way through the book, I love the story of The Secret Garden and have liked the movies and musical of it. Plus @nevernotknitting designed the pattern. Which is totally amazing. This is not an inexpensive kit - I don't think I've ever spent so much on one cohesive yarn collective but it has many parts - a hand made bag with fabric designed just for this kit, beautiful merino/cashmere/nylon yarn, stitch markers, the original pattern which will be exclusive to the kit initially, plus an add on skein of sock yarn in a gorgeous colorway. Everything superbly well done. I am glad she doesn't do these kits more often, or my bank account would really suffer. I cast on within minutes of opening the box ☺️

No comments: