Sunday, January 10, 2016

100 Days of Making: Day 97

#day97 of #100daysofmaking: Sadly I found two holes in my son's Slates and Balustrades hat - I suspect my daughter and scissors. I was pretty discouraged but I finally decided the best way to repair it was to knot the cut ends together and use the yarn I thankfully had left (and actually was able to find easily!) to sew the hole closed, catching the dropped stitches and making a gauge attempt to recreate the knits and purls. The left is the inside with knots and the right is one of the repaired spots just above my thumb. It isn't terribly obvious because the wrinkly waffle pattern masks the uneven square but it's more obvious in person. Not great but not horrible. It'll do. #visiblemending #crappymending  

No comments: