Saturday, March 19, 2016

100 Days of Making: Day 109

#day109 of #100daysofmaking: The yarn from this month's @erinlanebags Indie Yarn Carnival club was DK weight and so gorgeous. I have been itching to try brioche which seems to do a little better in thicker yarn but all I stash these days is fingering. So I thought this was a good opportunity to brioche it up and contacted @lydiayarn to see if she would do another skein or two and a contrast color that matched. Angela came up with this gorgeous pinkish speckled yarn. I wound the yarn the day it arrived and cast on for @westknits Askews Me shawl shortly after but there's a bit of learning curve to brioche as my first three attempts and frogs show. Some YouTube videos later and attempt number 4 finally got past the complex brioche garter tab opening and it's looking so good!

No comments: