Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Once every two years

It's totally normal to only post every 48 months, right? Well don't tell me if it's not acceptable because I won't be able to handle it. There's no way I can catch up on two years worth of knitting so I'll just post what I made recently.

Miss Babs Yowza is awesome! I wanted to make the Oriental Lily dress by George Hallam and picked the Perfectly Wreckless colorway which is just breathtakingly gorgeous. I wanted a contrast color in blue that I could make a boy sweater with the left overs and emailed to ask what colors would match the colors in Perfectly Wreckless. They responded back (yay customer service!) that Indigo Bunting would match best. The dress worked up super fast and I had a ton left over. I had made short sleeves because I was afraid of running out of yarn, I need not have worried as I had enough yarn to make a matching hat and scarf, ha! The dress is big enough to fit again next year, it's really a bit big this year but oh well.

With the left over blue (lots of "leftover" as I only used a small amount for the contrast obi and cuffs), I made the Gramps Cardigan by Kate Oates in the 12 month size. It ended up a great size though I had hoped it would fit two years in a row, no luck there I think. With decreasing cables, shawl collar shaping and sleeve attachment, it was probably more than my poor depleted brain was really up for but I did manage to complete it. And still had enough yarn left for a hat and trim for the scarf.

The hats are both made from the Earflap Hat pattern on Petite Purls but without earflaps, instead a garter ridge border. I think I made the 17.75" size for both. And I accomplished my goal of using almost every bit of Yowza, just a tiny little bit left!! The scarf was just a garter border and stockinette with a garter edge and a couple rows of garter every 10 rows to help decrease the rolling that happens with stockinette.

1 comment:

Yarn Crazy Girl said...

Btw I recently was looking at the patterns of the dress designer and its Georgie Hallam, not George. Oops!