Thursday, September 1, 2005

Crochet - Interrupted

Well, I haven't made any progress with the earring hanger. No surprise there. I'm not much of a serial person. I tend to read as many as 15 books at once. I have numerous home projects on the go. I crochet on multiple projects at any given time.

My current list of projects is a bracelet for my sister, a hat, boots and jacket set for a friend's baby, an afghan for another sister, a shawl, a whole load of granny squares to edge and put together into a blanket, a scarf, a flannel baby blanket edging, an afghan for an X-mas present, a baby blanket ... and an earring hanger.

Hurricane Katrina has put a bit of a crimp in my crocheting - our power has been out since Monday and hell if I can crochet by candlelight. I actually did finish my last granny square for a swap on Monday night, in the dark, but I didn't want to do that again. Now that the power is finally back on... it's crochet time! The first thing I started working on (after I threw away everything in the fridge and freezer) was to begin the bracelet for my sister. And I was hoping to try and get the jacket set and the afghan for my sister done, as those birthday occasions are coming up.

So maybe I'll get something done... but in the meantime, I'm going to attempt to post pics of some of my granny squares.



No comments: