Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Crochet till your hand hurts!

So the saga continues... still no jacket, though I now have about 2/3 of it done. I just need to get the sleeves done, then put them together and add the trimmings.

I _have_ managed to finish some other things though. Drat that multitasking tendency!

I'm working on an afghan for a Christmas present - every year all the adults in my family swap gifts with one other member, chosen by paper slips in a hat - the thought being money saving, though of course we still end up getting gifts for the immediate family, the grandmas, the favorite cousins... oh well, it's a good idea anyway. So though they haven't drawn names yet, I thought I'd make a blanket, liked this design and started on it. If it doesn't work with the relative who's name I get, I can always use this for another gift. So here's one of the squares, of which there will be twelve -they're about 16 inches across.



Another X-mas gift - my lil sister is in love with all things Irish and so I thought I'd give Celtic crochet a try. It's complicated! You make small designs that you weave through other designs, then add on to that... the front looks completely different from the back, check it out:




So I didn't actually work on much today, I scraped popcorn off the hall bathroom ceiling instead!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi,
I just ran across one of your posts on Crochetville. We have a lot in common, I'm also in Birmingham, just bought my first home and I'm addicted to crochet. I also listen to a lot of Trip Hop and Chill Out music. I wonder how many more of us are here?

Deb said...

Your squares are awesome!

Sheila said...

Absolutely beautiful! Its like a Celtic love knot! Just found your blog through CrochetBlogs and love it!