Saturday, May 30, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 51

#day51 of #100daysofmaking: I went to look and see if I could repurchase the pattern to The Phoenix and the Carpet since my printout is long gone and the original clues to this mystery KAL had been emailed to me 4 years ago and I don't even know which past computer that was on. Well the pattern is available on Rav but was $10, a bit pricey for something I had already bought pattern and kit - so I emailed the designer, Janine Le Cras and asked if she might give me a discount on buying it again. She said that was ridiculous and she would gift me the pattern to my Rav library right then. And she did. #knittersareawesome. I put about 8 rows on it today. I will only be able to do this during kids naps, every row is different and there is beading involved. It's not very complicated but it definitely requires focused attention. Even though it's been out for years, it's still working up like a mystery shawl to me, I'm using the written directions because in general I find them easier to keep my place in than charts.

No comments:

Blog Archive