Friday, April 17, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 12

#day12 of #100daysofmaking: I put a few rows on my Opal sock today, mostly worked on the edges blanket but wanted to see these beautiful colors since I haven't worked on it in a while. It's in the Opal Potpourri series, Paradies colorway 8841. I really have a hard time not buying every single new Opal and Regia series that comes out every few months and I have about a dozen in older series favorited on Etsy and EBay. I won't tell you which ones so you won't snipe them 😜

The pattern is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vanilla-socks-toe-up--afterthought-heel by Carle' Dehning. I'm not sure that I like how wide and shallow the toe is, next time I would do a smaller number of cast on stitches but I don't want to rip out now. I chose this sock because the afterthought heel looked like it would be easy to modify the stitch count on since a 56 stitch sock is what fits me but most socks are written for 64 stitches and I don't have the skill or understanding to change the heel turn directions.

No comments:

Blog Archive