Wednesday, April 22, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 17

#day17 of #100daysofmaking: Back to my Manzanita Cowl by Kay Hopkins (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/manzanita-scarf-and-cowl) in Sweet Georgia merino silk fine in Midnight Garden. I still don't love either the pattern or the yarn. I finally have a good rhythm going with the pattern that I've memorized, even after not working on it for several days. I think I would like it better if the yarn wasn't so slippery on the metal needles - that silk content is super slidey! And the color. Still not my fav. And I feel like I haven't made any progress on it, which I really haven't since I ripped out half of it a while back. But I'm determined to make something with this gifted yarn because even though I don't prefer the colors, it is gorgeous (and very expensive!) yarn. So I will press on. #knittersdoweirdthings

No comments:

Blog Archive