Monday, April 13, 2015

100 Days of Making: Day 8

#day8 of #100daysofmaking: This is my latest project. I decided to start a Baby Vertebrae that I need to finish in the next couple of weeks, and of course the best choice for a quickly needed knit is sock yarn. What's wrong with me. I did look for the thickest sock yarn I had in pretty colors. And then of course when I was winding this @vividyarnstudio merino tencel in Candy Hearts, with my two helpers, I got it into a terrible snarl in the last 30 or 40 yards. My swift is on the small side and when I get a larger skein, the last few rounds want to fall right off the swift and get all tangled. This is just how my week has been going, though... The washer is broken, hubby is out of town and then tonight after the kids baths, the cold tap on the tub breaks so now I can't even take a shower until I hunt down some vise grips to redneck jerry rig the faucet. Sigh sigh sigh.

I did untangle all of the snarl and finished winding though, the tencel blend made the yarn slippery enough that it was much easier to untangle than other yarns. I'm glad I am using this for a non sock project as I'm not sure this would make great socks, it's kind of inelastic. I didn't realize what the fiver blend was when I bought it, I just loved the colorway so much and had been stalking Julia's etsy shop for this color so when it popped up, I grabbed it without looking closely at the yarn itself. I will get another skein eventually in a better sock fiber blend so I can have some gorgeous socks in this color. I also did start the Baby Certevrae and it looks beautiful. I did a 12 month size on size 4 needles, because I knit tight and that's what I had. Size 12 month even though my coworkers baby will be born in June because her last baby grew quickly and I didn't want too small of a size. Too big is better, you can always just roll up the sleeves.

No comments:

Blog Archive