Sunday, April 19, 2015

Addendum to day 14




An edged flannel receiving blanket in my favorite new edging pattern - I copied it from a blanket given to me for my daughter from a friend of my mother in law, it washes well and is pretty enough for girls but plain enough for boys. I used to get very fancy with these edges but I found that they shrink up when washed and dried (which for baby blankets is essential that you be able to do) and then all your hard work is hidden. Also when trying to swaddle the baby in them, a wide edging or big floppy motifs will get all up in their face and be in the way, so small and simple is best.

I actually wrote down what I did this time so I will publish the pattern soon. I need to proof read it first, it's been such a long time since I've done a lot of crochet that I don't really remember how pattern terminology is written so I need to go read a bunch of patterns so I can see how I need to write mine, haha. 

No comments:

Blog Archive